Thursday, April 9, 2020

Mapping Photos in ArcGIS Online

This is clearly the simplest way to do it: From photos to features: Publishing photos with locations in ArcGIS Online. Additional context is here:
So I did this with students: we went outside, walked around campus, and took several photographs. Now came the unexpected challenge: transferring the photos from their phones to a computer: blank stares. So I suggested the quick and simple approach: email the photos to yourself as an email attachment. Well...I can't do that because I'm out of data and the Wifi here in the lab always kicks me off.

Seriously - what should have taken seconds turned into an epic - maybe this is different at more-fancy schools, but my 'digital natives' are remarkably incompetent.

No comments:

Post a Comment