Thursday, September 18, 2014

Google My Maps is back!

Google My Maps was around several years ago - a fun, simple, and somewhat buggy way to create and share personalized maps right out of Google Maps. I liked it so much that I even created two learning activities for it: Creating Personalized Maps with Google My Maps and Google My Maps: Simple Quantitative Analysis.

Then it went away somehow into the deeps of the Google 'ecosystem' and was reborn a year or two ago as Google Maps Engine Lite. But, by then there were much better options, for example ArcGIS Online by Esri.

Now there is Mapme - a fun and simple tool to create online interactive maps that are built-on Google My Maps. I'm not sure what Mapme does better than the basic Google My Maps interface (which is already about as easy as it can be).

No comments:

Post a Comment